Mayde Tea Infuser
Our very own Mayde Tea branded tea infuser.
At last we have created a device that makes drinking loose-leaf tea as convenient as using a tea bag! (But a whole lot better for your health and the environment!)
There are a few reasons why we have chosen to not offer tea bags- and that is because commercial tea bags are created using bleaches, glues, staples and other nasty things that contain chemicals that we’d rather not give you to consume with your therapeutic tea blends!
Another reason is because we love the environment- and hate to imagine a compostable material (tea leaves) trapped inside a little plastic pouch.
Our tea infuser comes with a lid for a very important purpose- and that is because when you add boiling water to a herbal tea containing volatile oils, (volatile oils are the part of the plant with the medicinal benefit) they can evaporate with the steam. We advise you take the following steps to maximise the therapeutic benefit when consuming Mayde Tea using our infuser:
- Place the infuser in your mug of choice
- Put one serve of tea into the infuser
- Fill the mug up with hot water, saturating all of the tea. (Please check appropriate temperature for the tea you are using- not all should be 100 degrees!)
- Place the lid on the infuser and let steep for the time stated on the brewing instructions
- Take the lid off and place next to the mug upside-down. Lift out the infuser and place it into the lid to prevent dripping tea on your table.
Enjoy your Mayde Tea!
Because we love the environment, when making teas at Mayde Tea HQ we empty the contents either into the compost or the garden. Remember Mayde Tea is completely organic plants so it doesn’t need to go into landfill!